Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shoulda, Coulda, Wish-I-Woulda


Well, my computer crashed about a week ago and I've been torturing myself and asking myself why I didn't back up all of my stuff!! I've thought about it so many times and I just think, "yeah, I'll get around to that tomorrow" and then days, weeks, months go by. And then - Whammo! It happened.
So this triggered a lot of other thoughts of other things I've thought about doing and have been putting off. So in a way it's a good thing, right??
But here are some of the things I've acted on this past week since the crash:
I've been trying to get my kids the H1N1 vaccine (Not having any luck on this - YET); we went in the 1st time and they were out, 2nd time the line was just outrageous, yesterday we went and didn't realize the clinic would be closed because of Veteran’s Day, and then today we went but we got there at 12:15 and there was a sign that said the clinic would be closed from 12:00-1:00. But I'm determined so we'll be back tomorrow!
2. Jared's went to the Dr. for THE exam (I know I've been putting off setting up his Dr. apt. because he's not too thrilled about the whole thing), but he made it in today and we're glad to know that he's in very good health.
3. Mammogram: I know - I don't even want to think about this and I know most women don't even get breast cancer until their 50's or so, but both of my grandmothers have had it, and one of my aunts, so I made the call to find out what I need to do to get a mammogram. I can't have one right now, but the Dr. said to call back 6 months after I'm through nursing my baby and I can get checked out.
So I'm done putting things off, like getting my computer backed up. And please -everyone, back up those computers! And your pictures, everything. It's so sad when it's all gone and you can't recover what is lost.
And the good news is: I just got a text from my IT guy and he said he was able to recover everything! YES!!! So pictures will be coming soon. :-)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Whew! You got your computer stuff back!
Btw, THE Dr. appt? Are you guys done having kids?
Also, check with your kids' pediatrician, some are starting to get the H1N1 in.

BJ and Sherrie Benson said...

Mine did the same thing about a month ago...talk about instant regret, sick feeling-freak out! Thank goodness for smart IT guys, they are worth the money. I'm glad they were able to recover all of you stuff :)

Anna said...

Thank heavens your pictures are safe! I just caught up on your blog, you guys have been having so much fun!

I backed up all our photos a couple months ago. I had gotten an external hard drive for my birthday LAST November and it took me 6 months to finally pull it out. No bad experiences but I can breath easy knowing at least my pictures are safe.

Here something else you might want to think about-print them and put them on a CD! I guess over time hardware/pictures/files will even go bad. I've made it a goal to print off pictures every month so they're at least backed up somehow.

Have you seen the site blog2print.com?? Its so cool! It'll print your blog, photos and comments into a book!

Sorry this is a loooong comment.. :)